Manager of Market Research & Analytics
iPullRank is an ambitious four-year-old digital marketing agency based in New York City and founded by industry thought leader Michael King. Our mission is to drive results for our clients by delivering marketing work that we can be PROUD of. Oh, and our value set is PROUD: P – Proactive; R – Reliable; O – Outstanding; U – Useful; D – Dedicated. We keep that front and center on a day-to-day basis.
If you’re curious about what types of clients we work with, they range from Fortune 500 brands to mid-sized enterprises and exciting small businesses. Our team executes and consults on campaigns in a variety of industries, but many of our clients tend to be media, finance or fashion companies. The iPullRank team is adept at providing a range of digital marketing services, but most of our work is in some combination of Content Strategy, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Analytics and Conversion Rate Optimization. Our employees are duly encouraged to specialize deeply in a specific category that they are passionate about and grow into well-rounded marketers through collaboration, training and real-world experience.'
As an employer, we look to cultivate an environment where employees feel taken care of. Despite our size, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We want our employees to grow with us. We don’t want you to just fill a role, we want you to take ownership and make an impact.
We’re not a big agency and our clients appreciate that because our size allows us to make things happen. We’re a nimble group that believes the best idea can come from anyone in the company -- and we're always after the best idea. We’re looking for creative and smart people to join our team and help us in our missions to find the best idea. If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
iPullRank is looking for a Manager of Market Research & Analytics to work alongside the SEO, Content and Development teams to perform analyses and uncover valuable insights from our clients’ user/customer data sets (i.e. web analytics, sales, marketing etc.) which guide audience segmentation, keyword research, KPI measurement, optimization, and content strategy.
The main responsibilities for this role will be to understand clients’ business needs, perform research, and provide insights that impact clients’ decision making and business goals. Specifically, the Manager of Customer Insights will perform market and audience research, competitive analyses, keywords research, KPI measurement planning, survey analysis, optimization tests, exploratory analysis and performance reporting. This role sits at the intersection of market research and analytics.
The Manager of Market Research & Analytics will also play a critical role in helping the team construct and employ scalable statistical and mathematical models that can be used across data analyses. The Manager of Market Research & Analytics will also be asked to contribute to thought leadership in the form of original research and presentations in support of our own marketing efforts.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform data collection, data cleaning, data validation, modeling and analysis
- Monthly and ad-hoc performance reporting
- Manage junior analysts
- Present findings to the iPullRank team and to clients
- Various qualitative and quantitative analysis tasks
- Work directly with analysts, SEOs and content strategists to perform research to support various marketing campaigns
- Work with the Design and Development team to design and execute Conversion tests
- Contribute analyses to iPullRank inbound marketing efforts including blog posts, case studies, and white papers.
- An irrepressible urge to build something
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong analytical mindset and skills, excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong experience with market segmentation
- Expertise in research methodologies, statistics
- Familiar with data science and machine learning techniques
- Comfortable using statistical software (e.g. R, SPSS)
- Experience with SQL, Python preferred
- Experience with SEO preferred
- Text mining or Computational Linguistic skills a plus
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Must possess a high degree of precision, accuracy and close attention to detail
- Possess strong written and verbal skills
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Prior Experience with Optimizely, Unbounce or similar A/B Testing platforms a plus
- 100% of Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance Coverage
- Four weeks of vacation
- Pre-Tax Commuter benefit
- Budget to improve your personal work station
- Attend up to 2 conferences per year
- $1K towards career related learning
- Paid parental leave