Senior Visual Designer
DESCRIPTIONiPullRank is an ambitious four-year-old digital marketing agency based in New York City and founded by industry thought leader Michael King. Our mission is to drive results for our clients by delivering marketing work that we can be PROUD of. Oh, and our value set is PROUD: P – Proactive; R – Reliable; O – Outstanding; U – Useful; D – Dedicated. We keep that front and center on a day-to-day basis.
If you’re curious about what types of clients we work with, they range from Fortune 500 brands to mid-sized enterprises and exciting small businesses. Our team executes and consults on campaigns in a variety of industries, but many of our clients tend to be media, finance or fashion companies. The iPullRank team is adept at providing a range of digital marketing services, but most of our work is in some combination of Content Strategy, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Analytics and Conversion Rate Optimization. Our employees are duly encouraged to specialize deeply in a specific category that they are passionate about and grow into well-rounded marketers through collaboration, training and real-world experience.
As an employer, we look to cultivate an environment where employees feel taken care of. Despite our size, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We want our employees to grow with us. We don’t want you to just fill a role, we want you to take ownership and make an impact.
We’re not a big agency and our clients appreciate that because our size allows us to make things happen. We’re a nimble group that believes the best idea can come from anyone in the company -- and we're always after the best idea. We’re looking for creative and smart people to join our team and help us in our missions to find the best idea. If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
iPullRank is looking for a Senior Visual Designer to lead and build out our Design Sub-Team. Working within the Content Team, this role will take ownership of all design projects including the creation of full site design, landing pages, data visualization, e-books, presentations, conversion testing and various ad hoc web design elements for marketing activities. This position also works closely with the Content Strategist on the creation of interaction specifications, user flows, wireframes, and mockups for all content strategy efforts. The person in this role will also be responsible for hiring and mentoring junior UX/UI graphic designers, exemplifying best-in-class standards across all design projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Work within the Content Team to develop and execute content campaigns
- Prepare user experience / interaction specifications based on UX/UI best practices
- Prepare wireframes to support Content Strategy efforts
- Prepare mockups to Content Strategy and Optimization efforts
- Develop design elements to support Content Strategy efforts
- Develop design elements to support client deliverables
- Develop templates and design elements to support iPullRank digital product efforts
- Work with the Research & Analytics team to design Conversion tests
- Contribute design to iPullRank inbound marketing efforts including blog posts, e-books, landing pages and more
- Work with junior team members to ensure UX/UI and web design best practices
- Lead the build out of the Design Team as necessitated by workflow and growth.
- A deep desire to build something
- 5+ years of visual design experience
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- A desire to mentor and develop junior designers
- Strong understanding of UX/UI best practices
- Expert command of typography, style guides and color scheme
- Itching for the opportunity to do things “your way”
- Extensive experience with various content types including site redesigns, landing pages, eBooks and interactive experiences
- The ability to maintain a sense of humor when facing deadline pressures
- Must possess a high degree of accuracy and pay close attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- The courage to both speak your mind and encourage others to do the same
- The emotional intelligence to execute on the previous bullet point with respectful professionalism and a deep desire to find the right answer, even if it’s not yours
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Optimizely, Unbounce or similar A/B Testing platforms a plus
- Front End Development skills a plus
- 100% of Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance Coverage
- Four weeks of vacation
- Pre-Tax Commuter benefit
- Budget to improve your personal work station
- Attend up to 2 conferences per year
- $1K towards career related learning
- Paid parental leave