iPullRank is an ambitious four-year-old digital marketing agency based in New York City and founded by industry thought leader Michael King. Our mission is to drive results for our clients by delivering marketing work that we can be PROUD of. Oh, and our value set is PROUD: P – Proactive; R – Reliable; O – Outstanding; U – Useful; D – Dedicated. We keep that front and center on a day-to-day basis.
If you’re curious about what types of clients we work with, they range from Fortune 500 brands to mid-sized enterprises and exciting small businesses. Our team executes and consults on campaigns in a variety of industries, but many of our clients tend to be media, finance or fashion companies. The iPullRank team is adept at providing a range of digital marketing services, but most of our work is in some combination of Content Strategy, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Analytics and Conversion Rate Optimization. Our employees are duly encouraged to specialize deeply in a specific category that they are passionate about and grow into well-rounded marketers through collaboration, training and real-world experience.
As an employer, we look to cultivate an environment where employees feel taken care of. Despite our size, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We want our employees to grow with us. We don’t want you to just fill a role, we want you to take ownership and make an impact.
We’re not a big agency and our clients appreciate that because our size allows us to make things happen. We’re a nimble group that believes the best idea can come from anyone in the company -- and we're always after the best idea. We’re looking for creative and smart people to join our team and help us in our missions to find the best idea. If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
iPullRank is looking for a Computational Linguist to join our team. The Computational Linguist will work alongside the Content and Analytics teams to research and implement content optimization opportunities in support search engine optimization efforts. Search engines have a very specific expectation of content and we're looking for ways to harness that inform how we create and optimize content. This role will allow the right applicant the opportunity to real-world text analysis and natural language processing applications in client settings.
What you’ll do:
- Perform text analysis to inform content optimization
- Conduct research on a variety of tasks, work with large corpora, design algorithms, and implement solutions in support of content creation and optimization
- Coordinate development of corpora, including data extraction, annotation, and crowdsourced experiments.
- Work directly with analysts and content strategists to perform research to support various marketing campaigns
- Develop thought leadership for iPullRank inbound marketing efforts including blog posts, case studies, and white papers.
- An irrepressible urge to build something
- Strong analytical mindset and skills, excellent problem-solving skills
- Masters degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Expertise in research methodologies, statistics
- Fluent English, great understanding of English grammar, syntax, semantics, and usage, especially in writing.
- At least two years of industry and leadership experience in Computational Linguistics/NLP.
- Substantial experience in at least one programming language as well as working knowledge of NLP libraries and understanding of statistical methods in NLP.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Hands-on experience in corpus linguistics, including knowledge of widely used English language corpora and the ability to develop new corpora from a variety of sources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to articulate complex technical issues effectively and appropriately for a wide range of audiences.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Must possess a high degree of precision, accuracy and close attention to detail
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization, a plus
- 100% of Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance Coverage
- Four weeks of vacation
- Pre-Tax Commuter benefit
- Budget to improve your personal work station
- Attend up to 2 conferences per year
- $1K towards career related learning
- Paid parental leave